Spring 2021 Fashion Trends You Need to Know
Posted on March 12 2021
Spring has sprung, and so have this season's hottest trends. While social distancing may have us missing traditional runway shows, fashion always finds a way -- even if that means going digital. Today on Zeena Uncovered, we've scoured the virtual catwalks to help you decide what to wear in 2021.
This season, spring fashion is all about unexpected pops of color, mixing prints and layering your heart out. While some designers are flocking towards see-through sheers, 70's inspired floral dresses and curious cut-outs, neutrals are still holding their ground and we are loving these, simple yet chic ready-to-wear finds.
1. Geo Prints | While prints-on-prints is definitely 'in', it's okay to ease into this trend with a hijab wrap or two. With a neutral palette, look for geometric designs or stripes to add a bit of interest without going overboard.
2. Black Masks & Chains | Blame it on our residual crush for Cuban links, but face masks aren't going anywhere, so why not make them vogue? In the copycat battle of the century, there's still enough buzz about Karen Perez vs. Danielle Bernstein going around to make these controversial masks worth your while.
3. Jewelry Strap Bags | Keep it classy. If you're searching for a new handbag to offset your warm weather look, beaded handles are going to to be popping up everywhere.
4 & 5. Business Casual Separates | With Zoom meetings still a thing, returning to business as usual is off to a slow start. What we love is how the two-piece suit is waaay more relaxed than pre-pandemic days. Shop wide leg pants and pair them with an oversized blazer (belt optional). Shoulder pads are making a huge comeback, so don't be afraid of a little edgy sculpting.
If you're in the mood for color, now is the time to express yourself with vivid prints and creative combinations.
Farm Rio Fatima Tiered Midi Skirt - Anthropologie | Bottega Veneta Chain Cassette - My Theresa | Wrap Effect Asymmetric Skirt - Saks | Vero Moda Polka Dot Sweater - Neiman Marcus | Black Knotted Slides - Net-A-Porter
6. Ruffles Galore | Resort wear certainly dictates a lot of what comes down the runways in springtime, so pick and choose from eye-popping ruffles, swirling skirts and fantastic florals for your spring break style.
7.Tropical Tones | Color is king according to Pantone and their trend report has echoes of Havana and Rio de Janeiro written all over it. Create a splash with a gorgeous pop color clutch, but remember, the chunkier the chain, the better!
8. That's a Wrap | The wrap skirt is easy as pie, which is why we love seeing all the different variations of this classic. Go asymmetric or add texture to your midi with a pair of knee-high boots.
9. Mix n' Match | Polka dots and stripes, scuba and silk? This season has us asking, why not? After sheltering in place for over a year, why not serve up some new and interesting OOTD combos? Besides, we all have a few items in our closets that are begging to see the light of day, let's wear them, shall we?
10. Not Your Grandma's House Slippers | Comfort. Above. All. Else. If you've ever accidentally left the house in your bunny slippers, these slides are for you. Enjoy the freedom of coming and going with zero pressure from the fashion police. (They're probably wearing flip flops anyways!)
Which Spring 2021 fashion trends do you see yourself in? Tell us your favorites in the comments below. See you next time!